Monday, July 28, 2008

Poor little neglected blog.

Hey ET's...

Yeah, I'm a bum. I've slacked off completely on keeping this blog thingie up, but to be fair, some of the thoughts I've got going round in my head are just too personal to share with the internet viewing public and besides, it's just too hard to gather up all those little scraps of paper I've got lying around and determine which of my scribblings make sense and which don't.

Here's a quick recap of my glorious return tour to my home town. As much as I enjoyed the visit, whoever said you can never go home again was the most fucking brilliant person that ever lived. The one person I actually attempted to look up appears to be recently deceased, my in-laws don't really give a shit if I live or die, and I didn't run into Kobe Bryant or any other Laker players not even once.

So, Mr. Great novelist author dude, what's up with your puruit of publishing nirvana? Answer, I'm working on it while telling myself it's not about the destination, it's the journey that really matters. You know what, I'm getting really sick of this new age psychobabble bullshit. I've been on the journey, and it's all well and good, but what's the point of going on a journey if you're never going to get anywhere? Why is it that the only ones preaching about the fucking journey are the ones who are charging huge sums of money to talk about the journey. Why, if taking this "journey" is such a natural process, is it so much damn work? And how can there be so many self-help guru's out there preaching the same crap only using different terminology? Four steps, 12 steps, 7 steps, can't any of these guys get a consensus on how many steps it takes to reach enlightenment? Couldn't they just get together and write one book? Oh yeah, they already did. I think it's called the Bible.

Let's face it, if you didn't ultimately think you were going to become wealthy by taking this journey, would anyone really care?

Like P.T Barnum once said: There's one born every minute.

Oh yeah, Facebook is kicking Myspace's butt.

Hee Haw

No comments: