Friday, July 11, 2008

Day one Charlie Horse's trip log

Greetings Extraterrestrials:

Hung out in Whittier after nearly 24 hours of no sleep other than what pathetic amount I got on the plane. Typical flight from hell. Stuck on the runway for god knows how long (electrical difficulties) while somebody's toddler screamed bloody murder at the top of her lungs. Aging stewardesses trying to overcharge for a few pieces of fruit, a bag of chips, and a granola bar. Watched part of a Jack Black movie before I drifted off into a restless sleep. Woke up to some never ending show detailing how wonderful the Beckhams are. Finally arrived in L.A. only to find out it's nearly as humid here as it is back in Indiana.

After a nap, I saw my old school (Whittier College, which seems to have added quite a few new buildings but still looks like J.C. compared to IU). Saw my old house, old record store I used to hang out at, things change, yet they still remain the same.

I suppose the good news is my daughter decided against a naval pierciing when she found out she wouldn't be able to swim for 3 months. Of course I was very consoling.

I have to admit, it's good to be here in the place where I was born and raised. No matter how long I stay away, this place will always feel like home.

Hee Haw

No comments: