Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Now this is what I'm talking about


The magnetic levitating train, or "maglev," can travel at up to 310 mph, and could compete with commercial airplanes, which cruise at about 550 mph.

This is exactly how I depict transportation in my forthcoming novel "Forbidden Seed(s). This picture even shows fall foliage in the background a la what you would find in my Vermont setting.

Ahh...it's nice to know I've got a direct line to the collective consciousness of the universe.

And pretty soon we're going to be seing these in the sky.



It's way past time to radically alter our views on transportation. Fossil fuel burning automobiles have outlived their usefulness and the only reason we keep driving them is because the guys that make them and make millions suckering us poor consumers into buying them are scared stiff that if we explore the alternatives we're going to kick them to the curb and give our hard earned money to someone else who's smarter.

Of course the more of these I see around Bloomington, the happier I get.



Hee Haw

No comments: