Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hello it's Me...

I don't know why, then again there are a lot of things I don't know, but something brewing inside me spoke and told me to blog once again. Let's see here, it's been...well...it's been a long damn time since I posted a blog. It's a chore keeping this up, and I for one have enough chores on my table already. But when it comes down to it, if there's anything I feel essential to manage, among all the other trivial bullshit functioning humans are required to do on this god forsaken rock we're stuck on, it's my words. Words are king. I treat them like precious gems to be taken out and displayed with pride. Without words, we might as well be plants.

Okay. Enough said. Here's what's on my mind. Thanks to a co-worker of mine for bringing this up in discussion, the topic of people who feel entitled when it comes to wealth and authority. What separates those who are insanely successful from the larger segment of the population who are just as competent, but never seem to crack that bubble of prosperity? Is it a personality trait? Is it sheer drive and determination? Is it better organization (or organisation if you're from fucking England)? I've seen several examples that prove that people at the top of the game (notice I said 'the' game, not 'their game) are no more skilled, experienced, or intelligent than many others wallowing near the bottom of life's prosperity ladder. Managers running companies who don't have a freaking clue how to do their jobs, but who, for some reason, get the breaks when it comes to raises and promotions. Musicians, artists, and writers who have no more talent than the guy busking for spare change on the street with a beat up guitar. What creates this imbalance? Perhaps this is a question for the Universe, that this is some mystical plan that keeps the world spinning on its axis, a process that is simply too complex for the tiny pea-brained humanoid to comprehend.

Yeah, that's as good an explanation as any. Let's go with that. Thanks, I'll be sure to take that with me into the next life.

Hee Haw

No comments: