Thursday, March 31, 2011

Like an onion...

I can't help but use writing as a metaphor for life. So it's understandable that in the process of creating a publishable manuscript, you find that the work you're doing on your draft is similar to what's going on inside you at that moment in time. To be more specific, I'm trimming the fat in my first draft as well as how I perceive the world around me. No more bloated, long-winded diatribes. Lean and mean is the catch-phrase of the day. It's so easy to get caught up in the gazillion distractions surrounding us, which makes it easy to get side-tracked from the task at hand. In fiction writing, all that bullshit I spew onto the page in the first draft clouds the actual story, making it oh so easy for the reader to set the book down and forget about it.

Same with this blog.

Hee Haw

No comments: